Author Topic: About namechanges  (Read 5968 times)

Offline Rev

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: About namechanges
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 06:41:06 pm »
Changing nicks constantly is idiotic. Nicks should be changed only when someone joins, leaves or gets kicked out of a clan tag.

Offline GlennN

• m3allem
  • Admin
  • Score: 72355
  • Gen. Amin Yabath
    • Dubai Oil
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 08:42:48 pm »
My opinion is, let anyone change his/her nickname as many times as he/she wants. There is no need for such restriction. But yes, previous nickname should be displayed in /stats, +1. The CP is great, but I don't always want to go there just to check nicknames instead of typing a single command.

Agree.

But if a player changes his nick more than once or twice in a short period (eg. a day), what is the use if the previous name is displayed in /stats. It would be hard to find out who the guy really is. So I feel that there should be a limit to the number of times a player can change his/her nickname.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2016, 04:48:47 pm »
That's exactly what we don't need lol. People will just keep changing nicknames all the time and soon there won't be any way of telling who is who.
Why not if people tend to enjoy it? Most of players here have changed their name at least once. This won't hurt anyone, and if this is something that particular players want and need, they should be given an option to change their nicknames anytime. Besides, there is no need to distract lvl5s for it: a simple html form in the CP, which would update a single row in DB, will do the job.

To prevent confusion the original and the last player's nickname should be displayed in /stats. Probably /whois [playerid] can be added to show all of the player's nicknames.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2016, 05:13:10 pm »
I don't want to be forced to type the commands just to see who this "new" player is. It's ridiculous to allow more than 1 name change per year, but that's just my opinion.
I do like the suggestion that previous nicknames should be added to person's /stats, that would make it easier to find out who they are.

Offline Santa Claus is coming to town

• VIP
  • Professional tea drinker & shit stirrer
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2016, 01:41:15 am »
Not a good idea. Why would it matter to you who someone else is?
I don't believe admins want to encourage people to register new accounts every single time someone changes nicknames so I think everything should stay like it is.
Thanks Obama.

Offline Crash

• VIP
  • Score: 10053
  • aka Kobe
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2016, 12:04:03 pm »
Even on GTA Online, Socialclub id can be changed once in 365 days. So I think it should be limited for like once per month or once for 2 months..
What mr. Cobra said,is fantastic and brilliant. I agree with this.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2017, 11:18:49 pm »
We might add something like this later on, but with certain restrictions on it (maybe with a command ingame or via the CP).

Edit: We won't be adding anything that let's you change your name yourself, because it can be abused (for example for issues with tags etc).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 11:20:19 pm by Jonne »