Author Topic: [Added]/reclass  (Read 16476 times)

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
[Added]/reclass
« on: January 15, 2017, 05:40:31 am »
After I've witnessed more than few cases in a week I decided to come up with a suggestion regarding to usage of /rc command.
System already doesn't allow players to use the command if he/she is on low hp. And what about expanding it a bit so that players can't use the command if they got damaged in 3 or 5 (you tell me) seconds.This can be implemented to other commands like /duelaccept, /watchduel or maybe even /kill which are used to evade deaths (I added /kill because I remember it was considered as evasion before).
I'd like to hear your opinions about it :)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 01:41:12 pm by Jonne »

Offline NatzuK

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: /reclass
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2017, 05:56:59 am »
No

Run > Doesn't get shot, but being chased > /rc

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • |m|
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2017, 08:44:38 am »
No

Run > Doesn't get shot, but being chased > /rc

Like they don't do that now... This is still a way to prevent death evading at least in a way.

Offline Santa Claus is coming to town

• VIP
  • Professional tea drinker & shit stirrer
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2017, 10:51:03 am »
+1
but make it so that the player needs 10 seconds without any damage to make sure it is not abused
Thanks Obama.

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 11:44:32 am »
I didn't fully understand what do you mean but regarding /kill.. if a player shoots you and if you /kill yourself, that particular player will have the kill so it's useess.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • |m|
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 12:20:40 pm »
I didn't fully understand what do you mean but regarding /kill.. if a player shoots you and if you /kill yourself, that particular player will have the kill so it's useess.
About the suggestion: You got shot, typed /rc, it will say 'You've recently been in a fight' or something and will not work.
About the /kill: It doesn't always give the kill and I remember someone got banned for that before. (Yes, in old PTP but since then nothing has been talked about it so I assume that it's still not allowed.)

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2017, 12:47:03 pm »
About the suggestion: You got shot, typed /rc, it will say 'You've recently been in a fight' or something and will not work.
About the /kill: It doesn't always give the kill and I remember someone got banned for that before. (Yes, in old PTP but since then nothing has been talked about it so I assume that it's still not allowed.)

Oh so you mean if a player just fought someone and ran then if he types /rc to reclass, a message will appear saying "you've been recently in fight " ?
Pretty good idea, +1

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline Vishwas

• VIP
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2017, 01:16:28 pm »
2-3 seconds is so less,it should more be like 10 seconds.
In script he should be marked damaged[playerid]=1 if he is damaged and change the value to 0 after 15secs. This should always be checked when he/she is doing commands like /rc,/duelaccept and if he/she is recently damaged a message like "You have been recently damaged" will be displayed.

Also I would like to add for future simplicity, why not send a message somewhere(irc?) and term it was Death Evade when he leaves under 10-15 secs after getting damage and the reason left is quit. Currently we have to dig logs and most non recorded players leave
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:20:44 pm by Vishwas »
Wooho! I'm a Rebel just for kicks, kicking it like it's 1966!

Offline NatzuK

• VIP
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 12:50:59 am »
In script he should be marked damaged[playerid]=1 if he is damaged and change the value to 0 after 15secs. This should always be checked when he/she is doing commands like /rc,/duelaccept and if he/she is recently damaged a message like "You have been recently damaged" will be displayed.

Also I would like to add for future simplicity, why not send a message somewhere(irc?) and term it was Death Evade when he leaves under 10-15 secs after getting damage and the reason left is quit. Currently we have to dig logs and most non recorded players leave
Now that sounds better

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • |m|
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 07:02:10 am »
You got the main idea, feel free to modify/improve it.

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 09:48:12 am »
If we going to keep the current /rc system (you can't reclass when you have low health), so we can add this idea in current system to make it better. I give +1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 10:52:25 am »
To be honest, I don't think the effect would be worth the hassle.

It is mostly ignored when non-regular players death evade; regulars do it pretty rarely. And regulars mostly do it by quitting the game and pretending that they've got connection/computer problems or a hamster which enjoys running on the keyboard and accidentally typing /q with its little paws. The system that you suggest, Ege, would be also easy to avoid, you just need to run for N seconds without taking damage and then type /rc, which is more than possible, especially on city maps. It would be probably more effective to check if there are enemies in some vicinity around you, but, again, it's not that hard to run away, and if the radius is too big, the whole map would be single 'danger zone', especially for civilians.

So I think that there is no need to overcomplicate the system with such scripts. The best countermeasure against death evaders is a video and an IRC log or at least a screenshots with clear timestamp and your position supplemented with IRC line with the reason of disconnection, player's position and HP and armour.

A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2017, 02:55:58 pm »

This sounds like a good idea. It doesn't even have to be 'reported' as possible death evade, but we could just make it so it registers a death when you leave or timeout within 10 seconds or so after being damaged. This way we could just make it impossible to evade death by quitting / forcing timeouts. As for the /watchduel restriction, I'll add the same restriction as /duelaccept and let it check if the player has been recently damaged.