Author Topic: Shamals and president's air/water camping  (Read 6939 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
Shamals and president's air/water camping
« on: November 17, 2016, 03:43:53 am »
I want to suggest the following:
  • Removing shamals
    Shamal is the fastest aircraft in all maps but NSA. So if the president stays on its wing, it is pretty complicated to shoot him down as you can't reach him with rustler. So I suggest removing shamals completely. Another possible option could be just adding more shamals to the airports, but I don't really like it as it wouldn't change anything unless you've got a sniper on your wing.
  • Draining president's health if he's surfing air/water vehicles
    For now the anti-camping system only punishes president if he's inside an aircraft or floating in the water. I suggest to slowly reduce his health if he's surfing aircraft or boats too. For now presidents can easily camp in the water/in the air, and I suppose the system should prevent it.

I wanted to suggest something else, but I forgot about that already. ;D I'll maybe update this post if I recall.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 03:55:10 am by Altus_Demens »
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Score: 45472
  • Jerusalemite
Re: Shamals and president's air/water camping
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2016, 06:28:10 am »
No way, no. As if Presidents even survive in this server and you come here suggesting for it to become harder, no. Let them take advantages of whatever vehicle they want and don't reply back to me with a quote from your bible and the ingame rules about punishment in air/water camping please, this does not make sense and if it ever did, it could have been changed a long time ago.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 06:29:13 am »
  • Removing shamals
    Shamal is the fastest aircraft in all maps but NSA. So if the president stays on its wing, it is pretty complicated to shoot him down as you can't reach him with rustler. So I suggest removing shamals completely. Another possible option could be just adding more shamals to the airports, but I don't really like it as it wouldn't change anything unless you've got a sniper on your wing.
I've never seen this being a problem. It's relatively difficult to keep someone on the wing of a Shamal, and if there is someone on the wing you can corner them at a high altitude and shoot them down. Shamals also make it faster for someone to get to the president- I could see it being annoying if only the slower planes were around. I think they should be kept and/or more should be added.

For now the anti-camping system only punishes president if he's inside an aircraft or floating in the water. I suggest to slowly reduce his health if he's surfing aircraft or boats too. For now presidents can easily camp in the water/in the air, and I suppose the system should prevent it.
I hate the aircamping timer. I think it eliminates a whole part of the game because people don't want to lose health for no reason. Even the watercamping timer is only barely necessary- VIPs with snipers or rustlers usually kill the president before the timer even kicks in. A anti-surfing timer would be another step in ruining the game, and it doesn't even make sense. Let's face it- riding in or on a boat or a plane is stepping into a death trap. A boat or plane exploding is very different from a car or motorcycle. You can't just go and get another. You can't just mash enter and avoid the explosion. The explosion is more powerful, so you lose a good deal of health. When someone is surfing on a plane, they're easy prey for anyone in a Rustler, and it's likely they'll fall off before the terrorists even get to them. Unless you know what you're doing, it's difficult to avoid other planes without dropping the president. If camping is doing something that is difficult to pull off and extremely risky, then that's a definition I am unfamiliar with.

I think the whole idea of "camping" in the water or in the air is absurd. It's like how people don't think NRG whoring isn't playing the game right, either (except no one ever suggests an NRG timer, even though it should be the first target if timers were actually needed). It comes down to people either being lazy or not having the skill to deal with a president who is either in the air, on an NRG, or on the water. Riding an NRG, piloting a boat, and piloting a plane with or without a surfer all require a lot of skill to do properly and survive when someone worth their salt is coming after you. They're all high-risk and rely on the escapee having the wherewithal to best their pursuers, and it relies on their pursuers not having the skill to be able to follow. You lost a tire? You're probably fucked. You got shot down or fell off the plane? Fucked again. Your boat blew up? You're up shit creek without a paddle. If you have the skill and luck to avoid the inevitable for long enough, you might win. In all likelihood, someone sufficiently skilled or motivated will screw you over. I see this as a challenge, not a problem. A challenge both to be that skilled and motivated someone when I'm not the president, and to be the president or security who escapes them.

This is just like the president going into area 69 in NSA- you eliminate the hydra and rustler problem (sort of) and you rely on the skill of your security to keep you safe for long enough. It makes people like me, who suck on the ground, relatively benign. I've never proposed an "area 69-camping" timer- I change my strategy to clearing the way for people who are good on the ground to go in, and try my best to stop more protectors from getting to the president. In that scenario, it's all about teamwork and stopping the president from getting entrenched there in the first place. If it doesn't work, the president played well and the terrorists lost. GG and move on.

Being a good president is about cutting down the number of people who are able to hurt you. It's the reality of the game- if you're in a shitty car, if your security can't cut out people for you, if you find yourself on foot without a vehicle or security, or if you can't outdrive your pursuers, you cut out no one and you die. If you can cut it down to one or two people who managed to evade your security and have a similar or lower skill level, then you have a chance. Messing with this dynamic is, in my opinion, biasing the power towards the terrorists, and fucking up the gamemode by limiting the clever ways that a president can survive. It's punishing people who have the skill or cleverness to outdo others in a particular area of the game, just for the petty reason that it's "too hard" for the people following them.

If you're going to keep adding timers for things that certain people can't or don't want to do, here are some helpful suggestions:
  • NRGcamping- some people totally abuse them, which is the point.
  • Bicyclecamping- they can jump onto things. Some presidents use them so people who lack skill with them can't follow. Sometimes, there is only one bike in a map, so no one can follow the president onto a building unless they use a plane or heli. Boring.
  • On-top-of-the-pointy-building-camping- some presidents camp up there. It's hard and inconvenient to get a helicopter or plane.
  • Securitycamping- some presidents abuse their security to keep them safe.
  • Passengercamping- sometimes, presidents are driven by highly-skilled people in cars and motorcycles. Some people can't follow. Often comorbid with securitycamping.
  • Mt.-Chiliad-camping- it takes time to get up there if you don't get a plane
  • Infernuscamping- they're faster than all the other ground vehicles. Not fair, unless you predict where they're going and cut them off or... get a plane.
  • Aircraft-carrier-camping- nobody likes to swim to the aircraft carrier when they're being shot at by the security, and no one wants to get a vehicle-guess what vehicle-that can avoid the security almost entirely.
  • Area-69-camping- even though the president can be defenseless and cornered in an area where they can't even run fast enough to get away if the terrorists play their cards right, I don't like it. It's boring.

...but these are all too specific- I think this one is the one to fix:

• Skillcamping- sometimes the president has skills or tactics that are difficult to counter. These people make the game worth playing. They exploit holes in the terrorists' skillset because that's the point of the game. By relying on a single skill or tactic, they usually take on extreme levels of risk that make them very vulnerable to people who have the same skills they do, but that's hard as a terrorist- it requires getting better at a game that every terrorist is obviously the best at. These dangerous individuals should have a global timer that kills them automatically, before the terrorists fail to.

What happened to this?
Less restrictions means more fun.
Show your damn work, Altus:
Less restrictions → more ways to play + more challenge + opportunities to gain skill → more fun.

TL;DR: Restrictions are ruining the game. The whole point of being president is to exploit the terrorists' weaknesses to survive. Restrictions eliminate a president's ability to do this. If more restrictions are added, the logical solution would be to cut to the chase and stop people who know how to play as president from playing entirely.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 06:41:15 am by YoMama »

Offline Faro0s

• VIP
  • Score: 22227
  • Sniper aimbotter. -PluG
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 11:48:12 am »
  • Removing shamals
I've never seen this being a problem. It's relatively difficult to keep someone on the wing of a Shamal, and if there is someone on the wing you can corner them at a high altitude and shoot them down. Shamals also make it faster for someone to get to the president- I could see it being annoying if only the slower planes were around. I think they should be kept and/or more should be added.

I hate the aircamping timer. I think it eliminates a whole part of the game because people don't want to lose health for no reason. Even the watercamping timer is only barely necessary- VIPs with snipers or rustlers usually kill the president before the timer even kicks in. A anti-surfing timer would be another step in ruining the game, and it doesn't even make sense. Let's face it- riding in or on a boat or a plane is stepping into a death trap. A boat or plane exploding is very different from a car or motorcycle. You can't just go and get another. You can't just mash enter and avoid the explosion. The explosion is more powerful, so you lose a good deal of health. When someone is surfing on a plane, they're easy prey for anyone in a Rustler, and it's likely they'll fall off before the terrorists even get to them. Unless you know what you're doing, it's difficult to avoid other planes without dropping the president. If camping is doing something that is difficult to pull off and extremely risky, then that's a definition I am unfamiliar with.

I think the whole idea of "camping" in the water or in the air is absurd. It's like how people don't think NRG whoring isn't playing the game right, either (except no one ever suggests an NRG timer, even though it should be the first target if timers were actually needed). It comes down to people either being lazy or not having the skill to deal with a president who is either in the air, on an NRG, or on the water. Riding an NRG, piloting a boat, and piloting a plane with or without a surfer all require a lot of skill to do properly and survive when someone worth their salt is coming after you. They're all high-risk and rely on the escapee having the wherewithal to best their pursuers, and it relies on their pursuers not having the skill to be able to follow. You lost a tire? You're probably fucked. You got shot down or fell off the plane? Fucked again. Your boat blew up? You're up shit creek without a paddle. If you have the skill and luck to avoid the inevitable for long enough, you might win. In all likelihood, someone sufficiently skilled or motivated will screw you over. I see this as a challenge, not a problem. A challenge both to be that skilled and motivated someone when I'm not the president, and to be the president or security who escapes them.

This is just like the president going into area 69 in NSA- you eliminate the hydra and rustler problem (sort of) and you rely on the skill of your security to keep you safe for long enough. It makes people like me, who suck on the ground, relatively benign. I've never proposed an "area 69-camping" timer- I change my strategy to clearing the way for people who are good on the ground to go in, and try my best to stop more protectors from getting to the president. In that scenario, it's all about teamwork and stopping the president from getting entrenched there in the first place. If it doesn't work, the president played well and the terrorists lost. GG and move on.

Being a good president is about cutting down the number of people who are able to hurt you. It's the reality of the game- if you're in a shitty car, if your security can't cut out people for you, if you find yourself on foot without a vehicle or security, or if you can't outdrive your pursuers, you cut out no one and you die. If you can cut it down to one or two people who managed to evade your security and have a similar or lower skill level, then you have a chance. Messing with this dynamic is, in my opinion, biasing the power towards the terrorists, and fucking up the gamemode by limiting the clever ways that a president can survive. It's punishing people who have the skill or cleverness to outdo others in a particular area of the game, just for the petty reason that it's "too hard" for the people following them.

If you're going to keep adding timers for things that certain people can't or don't want to do, here are some helpful suggestions:
  • NRGcamping- some people totally abuse them, which is the point.
  • Bicyclecamping- they can jump onto things. Some presidents use them so people who lack skill with them can't follow. Sometimes, there is only one bike in a map, so no one can follow the president onto a building unless they use a plane or heli. Boring.
  • On-top-of-the-pointy-building-camping- some presidents camp up there. It's hard and inconvenient to get a helicopter or plane.
  • Securitycamping- some presidents abuse their security to keep them safe.
  • Passengercamping- sometimes, presidents are driven by highly-skilled people in cars and motorcycles. Some people can't follow. Often comorbid with securitycamping.
  • Mt.-Chiliad-camping- it takes time to get up there if you don't get a plane
  • Infernuscamping- they're faster than all the other ground vehicles. Not fair, unless you predict where they're going and cut them off or... get a plane.
  • Aircraft-carrier-camping- nobody likes to swim to the aircraft carrier when they're being shot at by the security, and no one wants to get a vehicle-guess what vehicle-that can avoid the security almost entirely.
  • Area-69-camping- even though the president can be defenseless and cornered in an area where they can't even run fast enough to get away if the terrorists play their cards right, I don't like it. It's boring.

...but these are all too specific- I think this one is the one to fix:

• Skillcamping- sometimes the president has skills or tactics that are difficult to counter. These people make the game worth playing. They exploit holes in the terrorists' skillset because that's the point of the game. By relying on a single skill or tactic, they usually take on extreme levels of risk that make them very vulnerable to people who have the same skills they do, but that's hard as a terrorist- it requires getting better at a game that every terrorist is obviously the best at. These dangerous individuals should have a global timer that kills them automatically, before the terrorists fail to.

What happened to this?
Show your damn work, Altus:
Less restrictions → more ways to play + more challenge + opportunities to gain skill → more fun.

TL;DR: Restrictions are ruining the game. The whole point of being president is to exploit the terrorists' weaknesses to survive. Restrictions eliminate a president's ability to do this. If more restrictions are added, the logical solution would be to cut to the chase and stop people who know how to play as president from playing entirely.

Nice article.

Altus, -1.

Since 2010.
• Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did):I killed ahmed and he tried to accuse me for killing him

Offline indincive

• Score: Unknown
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2016, 12:06:53 pm »
unforgettably, this is one the worst suggestion in the entire game community.

Why? why would u want to remove the fastest jet ,  when you can simply get a ruslter, get one of your team mates to jump on the wing with m4 and bamm you are sorted so no reason to remove it and this will never happen under the server authority.

2nd, so what the president camps in the water/air ? why do you want health removed,
1) not everyone is vip so think about others,
2) most people are noobs as mention in my suggestion, so they can take advantage if they want
3) just cause you are pro does not mean you have any rights for this suggestion and instead make another suggestion
4) have a nice day.

Offline Luca_Brasi

• VIP
  • Miss me yet?
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 11:01:29 pm »
BIG -1. Just get into a rustler, problem solved. You're making this thread because yesterday there was indeed a president who was camping onto the wing of a Shamal, but you weren't smart enough to know how to take him down. I was the one in the rustler shooting at the shamal in the air and I can tell you from experience that you can indeed catch up to Shamals and shoot them down.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:21:10 pm by Luca_Brasi »

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2016, 11:54:16 pm »
Altus didn't make this suggestion because of a sudden inspiration. Last night we were playing in LV and a security member had the wonderful idea of getting the president on a Shamal wing while another security flew the other Shamal. As there are only two Shamals in LV, we basically didn't have any vehicle that could match the speed of theirs. As I've read in some replies above, we tried to use a Rustler. We climbed to their altitude and tried to get behind their tail. The second part was impossible because of the huge speed difference. We also tried to take of advantage of a higher altitude to gain some speed. Not enough either. That presi survived for around 14 minutes, at the last minute he fell off and had to parachute to the ground, where he got killed. So yes, it's not that hard to remain on a Shamal wing for 15 minutes and it's not that hard to survive.

About the second suggestion, it's just a matter of logic. Why does the president lose health when camping in an aircraft but not when camping on an aircraft? After all the difficulty is the same for the terrorists trying to shoot him down... Maybe Shamals wouldn't have to be removed if presidents couldn't just camp on their wing for 15 minutes.

I was the one in the rustler shooting at the shamal in the air and I can tell you from experience that you can indeed catch up to Shamals and shoot them down.

And apparently you didn't succeed...

Many people have a tendency towards ignoring their duty to kill or to protect the president. I don't think that making it a matter of driving or flying speeds and (lots of) patience will help to change this situation. I'd rather a PTP where killing the presi requires battling and total participation from both teams, and from every player in general. In my opinion, a president speeding around in a NRG after leaving all his security behind (since they are practically unnecessary if your surviving tactic is speed) and maybe a couple of VIPs on another NRG with a sniper IS NOT the best way to include and make everyone participate in the gamemode. It's even worse if you consider that most of the times presidents on NRGs are regulars that have peace with almost everyone who has access to a sniper.

It's not the first time we discuss this, it's an eternal dilemma :P

PS: The things I said about NRGs also apply to aircraft.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:28:04 am by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2016, 12:36:35 am »
Altus didn't make this suggestion because of a sudden inspiration. Last night...
That sounds sudden to me...

Last night we were playing in LV and a security member had the wonderful idea of getting the president on a Shamal wing while another security flew the other Shamal. As there are only two Shamals in LV, we basically didn't have any vehicle that could match the speed of theirs.
Good job president and security- they limited the ways people can follow, even though you did have a fast vehicle to follow them in- the andromada. Rustlers can also outmaneuver shamals, it just takes strategy. You go up higher, then use the altitude in a dive to match their speed. With the president on the wing, it's even easier. They can't make sudden altitude changes or turns, so they're extremely limited. They also can't max out their altitude because the president will fall. Also, you couldn't manage to stop him from taking off on the shamal in the first place? A terrorist in a rustler from the very beginning would have killed him before he even managed to get far off the ground. I've never seen the president survive on a shamal when I'm in the server for this very reason.

That presi survived for around 14 minutes, at the last minute he fell off and had to parachute to the ground, where he got killed. So yes, it's not that hard to remain on a Shamal wing for 15 minutes and it's not that hard to survive.
... but he didn't survive. It sounds like he was lucky that he didn't fall off earlier.

About the second suggestion, it's just a matter of logic. Why does the president lose health when camping in an aircraft but not when camping on an aircraft? After all the difficulty is the same for the terrorists trying to shoot him down...
Right you are: there isn't a good reason why the president loses health in planes, so there isn't a good reason why the president should lose health on them, either.

Let me shamelessly quote from my article here:

Many people have a tendency towards ignoring their duty to kill or to protect the president. I don't think that making it a matter of driving or flying speeds and (lots of) patience will help to change this situation. I'd rather a PTP where killing the presi requires battling and total participation from both teams, and from every player in general. In my opinion, a president speeding around in a NRG after leaving all his security behind (since they are practically unnecessary if your surviving tactic is speed) and maybe a couple of VIPs on another NRG with a sniper IS NOT the best way to include and make everyone participate in the gamemode.
If your only surviving tactic is speed, you're going to die. Participation is not something the president dictates, it's something the other players are completely responsible for. See my previous statement about being a successful president- the point is to limit the number of people who can get you. If someone has the skill, they'll get you anyway. And before you claim that NRGs limit it to only VIPs, let me say that rustlers are extremely effective against almost anything on the ground.

It's even worse if you consider that most of the times presidents on NRGs are regulars that have peace with almost everyone who has access to a sniper.
I actively encourage people to /rc t when I'm president. I hate seeing the size of the security team double when I become president. The people who rely on all the regulars protecting them are using a valid tactic, though I don't like it. Think of it as a challenge, as I do. It's certainly more fun than a game where the terrorists always win.

Nice article.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:57:20 am by YoMama »

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2016, 12:42:59 am »
I want to suggest the following:
  • Removing shamals

No, shamals have become part of PTP for a long time and people can use it to travel faster, especially for big maps like NSA.

I can personally take down a shamal by using a rustler, all you need is perfect timing.

I wanted to suggest something else, but I forgot about that already. ;D I'll maybe update this post if I recall.

I agree with Finisher, the President's percentage of survival would just decrease if he will be punished if he is on the top of a plane or a boat.

Besides, president camping on top of a rustler or other planes can be easily took down too using a rustler, or even a heli (YoMama knows this) and rustler + snipers on top

Offline [RD]Monster

• VIP
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 02:27:59 am »
-1 from me.

Offline Ege

• VIP
  • Score: 39828
  • |m|
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 09:05:22 am »
I kinda repeat Finisher but yeah, there's no need to limit president's ways to survive like most of them can survive easily. I doubt if 20 percent of presidents survive...

Shamals can be shot down easily, all you need is multiple rustlers. Shamals can be fast but as we have boundaries in each map, they can't fly straight forward forever. And - especially with someone on the wing - they will have really limited ability of performing sharp manuevers. So with few rustlers attacking it, Shamal can be exploded.

This kinda proves that Mia is right about the gamemode requires good participation from both teams, but removing shamals or the ability to stay on a wing doesn't improve it at all imo. As i said terrorist can take rustlers to shut it down, and securities can take rustlers too to prevent terrors from doing so. If they're not able to do that, that's their problem. We don't suggest something like "Prohibit presidents from using NRGs" just because there are people who's not able to chase a NRG whore and/or a stunter.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2016, 11:37:29 am »
BIG -1. Just get into a rustler, problem solved. You're making this thread because yesterday there was indeed a president who was camping onto the wing of a Shamal, but you weren't smart enough to know how to take him down. I was the one in the rustler shooting at the shamal in the air and I can tell you from experience that you can indeed catch up to Shamals and shoot them down.

Altus didn't make this suggestion because of a sudden inspiration. Last night...
That sounds sudden to me...

I'm so disappointed if this is the case, I'd be upset too but must be always showing a sign of respect to those newbies who exceed everyone's thoughts of them. Look what a random on a shamal did to our suggestion board, someone can't handle a good President. They want the easy kills, like chasing after Civilians and running from Cops

Offline Spectre

• VIP
  • Grossly incandescent
    • Team: No Terrorism
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2016, 12:11:16 pm »
Just leave everything as it is, Presidents aren't meant to be limited or killed easily.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2016, 12:12:27 pm »
2YoMama:
First, thanks for the advice about Andromada. I didn't know its speed can be compared with shamal's. We'd use it next time if we run out of options. Well, if the community doesn't want shamals to be removed, at least more should be added as the abstract reasonings about falling presidents and maneuvers are very dubious. I'm not going to argue with you about it as you've got few times more experience with SAMP aircraft than me... I just want to make it equal and maybe more fair.
Second, about the timers and restrictions. Whatever point of view you do stick to, you must admit that the current situation is totally illogical: timers do not prevent camping, they are pointless, as they can be avoided too easily. So they should be either expanded to really prevent camping, or removed as obsolete.

What happened to this?
Right, but I've never been talking about removing the restrictions completely. In the adjacent topic you've suggested to allow presidents to drive planes (thus, all of the vehicles including hydras would be available for them). I agree with you in that. Indeed, I suppose that the inability to drive particular vehicles must be very disappointing to newbie presidents. Just imagine that you run away from pursuing terrorists, you reach a plane and when you think you saved your mortal body and immortal soul at least for this time... You're getting kicked out of it and die in the next second. Meh.
Instead I suggest working out the anti-camping system to balance it. We were talking about that already, YoMama, and I guess you know that I am enjoying all sides of the gamemode; I like either assaulting strongholds, chasing NRGs, rare naval and more frequent airborne battles. If we get rid from anti-camping timers completely, the distribution will be shifted to air camping. Because it's generally easier. You fly around carelessly in a rustler, if you're getting shot down, you can always eject, land near any vehicle and repeat until victory. I don't think it's bad, or I discourage it. As you've correctly stated, it's also a way to survive, to outsmart terrorists. But I personally don't want 80% of presidents doing so. That's what would kill the gamemode in my opinion. SAMP is not just a fighter simulator. I also agree with you that these systems and timers are not a matter of fairness, but of a convention between players about how do they want to play. I've stated my point of view; it's up to others to agree or disagree.

I don't think there is any need to reduce it to absurdity. I've never suggested to add more timers or new restrictions. Skills must be a good, main tool to find your road to the victory; but they alone shouldn't be a guarantor of your success, otherwise the whole game would loose its sense. Following your arguments, let's just instantly save YoMama as president if he reaches rustler, or any peace-making tough VIP if he starts camping with 586 VIP securities in Area. Does it make any sense? No. So let's quit demagoguery.

There will always be some restrictions. 2-shooting and c-bug are disallowed, but do you think they don't require skills? If you want to abuse them efficiently, you must have respective skills. Same goes for, say, camping under textures at some glitched places. It requires skill and knowledge to perform this too. But the convention we've all made and we all agree about (as I haven't seen any topics discussing this yet) prohibits it. And I personally agree with that. I know that presidents were not allowed to use NRGs back into the very remote past, but it had been eventually abandoned. Why? Because you've got as many opportunities riding an NRG as the terrorists chasing you. Even AK47 at the close range can be deadly for you. It is fun to chase you. Isn't it interesting and tense for you to avoid our line of side as well? I hope so. I want all of the ways of playing to be challenging and interesting equally and mutually. And if the balance gets shifted towards air camping as nothing would prevent presis from doing so, I doubt it would be interesting for both sides.

So, summarizing: I want to allow presidents to drive all of the cars without any restrictions. Instead, I want to make anti-camping system somewhat more severe to prevent people from camping in the air more often as personally I won't find it exciting. Same goes for potential water camping on unoccupied boats.

P.S. Thanks for carefully explaining your reasonings. I wish it became the norm here.
P.P.S.
I actively encourage people to /rc t when I'm president. I hate seeing the size of the security team double when I become president. The people who rely on all the regulars protecting them are using a valid tactic, though I don't like it. Think of it as a challenge, as I do. It's certainly more fun than a game where the terrorists always win.
Then why are you having peace with most of the regulars?..
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Finisher

• VIP
  • Jerusalemite
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2016, 12:59:12 pm »
Then why are you having peace with most of the regulars?..

It's nothing like that. Players sometimes tend to not fight an old player/skilled player or a friendly player based on some friendship or respect towards the player, that aside, everyone has the choice to decide whether he wants it or not. By the way, stop using this as an excuse on why people gang up on you, you're like entertainment for them, this is GTA, gangs and clans exist for a reason. If you don't like it just quit the game or get over it. Don't bitch and moan about it :)