Author Topic: [Rulebreaker]Colorado  (Read 4834 times)

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
[Rulebreaker]Colorado
« on: October 31, 2016, 02:09:56 am »
  • Players' name - Colorado;
  • Date it occured - 30.10.2016 ~03:15 UTC +3;
  • Reason for the report (Go into more detail about what they did) - Force map change;
  • Extra comments - I doubted if I should report that, but, first of all, there are rules to follow:
    Quote from: Rules
    • No map change forcing
    - Not allowed to take president / vice president position, to force a map change by suiciding or quitting, or forcing a crash.
    Besides, this person lied like Niks that he was forced to kill the process. As it is shown in the logs, the reason of his disconnection was 'left', which cannot happen if you kill the game process. Due to wrong message order in the logs you may think that map ended before he quit, which isn't true, which can be clearly seen on the video.
    The logs:
    Quote from: #PlanB.Echo
    [03:12] <@PBBot2> [Vice-President ID: 18] Colorado: Ateo is always the target xd
    (...)
    [03:13] <@PBBot2> *** Colorado died. (Died)
    [03:13] <@PBBot1> *** The President was killed by the Terrorist!
    [03:13] <@PBBot3> *** Altus_Demens killed WesLen (Distance: 3) (TEC9)
    [03:13] <@PBBot2> *** BAD Team has won the round! (The President was killed)
    [03:13] <@PBBot1> [18] *** Colorado left the game. (Left) + [Report: X: -690 , Y: 938 , Z: 14 | H: 100 , A: 100 ]
    [03:13] <@PBBot3> *** The President has left the server!
    [03:13] <@PBBot2> *** Finished: Map, Class location, Vehicles, Pickups and Objects was loaded!
    [03:13] <@PBBot1> *** New map is loading: Red County | GM Scripts Loading...
    (...)
    [03:14] <@PBBot2> *** Colorado joined the game
    (...)
    [03:14] <@PBBot2> [Terrorist ID: 0] Colorado: Today I learned my PC can't handle hydras and Fraps
    [03:15] <@PBBot2> [Terrorist ID: 3] Altus_Demens: So you crashed, right?
    [03:15] <@PBBot3> [Terrorist ID: 0] Colorado: Na GTA froze when I started nading you
    [03:15] <@PBBot1> [Terrorist ID: 3] Altus_Demens: Aw, sorry to hear that
    [03:15] <@PBBot2> [Terrorist ID: 0] Colorado: Had to minimize and kill the process
    At least I want to state the fact, that this person was ignoring the rules, for future. Impunity generates lawlessness...
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 02:14:03 am by Altus_Demens »
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Arabiane

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
Re: [Rulebreaker]Colorado
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2016, 02:54:12 am »
sorry for reply here just want to say that :
this happen to me too, sometimes the game just froze in the midlle of fight or in some situations and the only solution is like what colorado said :
[03:15] <@PBBot2> [Terrorist ID: 0] Colorado:'' Had to minimize and kill the process''
and the server take this as player ''left the server'' not a timeout .

you're a good guy altus but the way that you recording everything in game with the irc open use it to report the hackers not to get any fault of the players to get them banned.

Offline TreePuncher

• VIP
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2016, 04:34:37 am »
It could be that Colorado is actually telling the truth.
Before testing it yourself, be aware I ran the tests on W10.

So there is two tabs on task manager where you can close a program, the processes tab and the details tab.
Closing by the processes tab is much like pressing the X button on your average app. The application terminates the way it normally should, and therefore, you should expect SA-MP to send the final "I left this server" packet.
However, closing by the details tab literally kills the process. In this sense, SA-MP doesn't get to send the left package, it wasn't even asked to close to begin with, it was straight up killed.

So maybe Colo's story isn't just straight up BS.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 04:36:16 am by TreePuncher »

Another normal day at Hueland.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 11:22:26 pm »
and the server take this as player ''left the server'' not a timeout .
No, Arab. If you kill the process, it would be always shown as a timeout. No need to take it on trust: check it yourself. If you end the GTA:SA:MP task while the game is running normally, then yeah, it would be shown as 'left'. If something malfunctions the game normal running, like, for example, running out of video memory (which happened to Colorado according to his story) and you end the task, it would be a timeout as well.

you're a good guy altus but the way that you recording everything in game with the irc open use it to report the hackers not to get any fault of the players to get them banned.
Thanks. There is no other way to deal with rulebreakers but to record their actions and to post in on the forum.
As for the innocent players... Neither me, nor you, nor admins are not mean machines. I believe that every case is being looked into carefully and scrupulously; nobody makes decisions here under the influence of a sudden emotion. And I prefer to study the case before reporting anyone too. So I don't think any innocent person is going to be punished here.

It could be that Colorado is actually telling the truth.
(...)
So maybe Colo's story isn't just straight up BS.
I see your reasons, Tree, and I'll try to prove that most likely Colorado's story is just a lie.

I tried to emulate the situation on my local server. Unfortunately due to a limit of 10 explosions at once per a player I didn't succeed in running out of memory this way. Then I made a function which spawns arbitrary amount of cars at the same place at once.
When I was able to control my character even with great lags, despite of severe freezes (up to 1300-1500 cars), the reason of disconnection was always 'leaving'. And yeah, I was able to minimize the game and end the task in a few seconds.
When the game was freezing deadly with no chances to control my character (> 1500 cars) and I was close to running out of videocard memory, I always got 'timeout' as a disconnection reason when I minimized the game and ended the task.

Now take a look on the video. Coloradio died at 0:14 and quit at 0:27. Did it take him so long to minimize his game and end the task after all of the explosions were over? When the reason is 'left', you get disconnected immediately after you used /q|used the menu option|ended the task. So he did it only 13 seconds after he died.

After all, he said himself that he killed the process, not ended the task. Doesn't he know the difference? I doubt it.

So, considering all of the facts I've stated above, I think that he lied. That was probably my main reason to report.

Offline Santa Claus is coming to town

• VIP
  • Professional tea drinker & shit stirrer
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 01:48:36 am »
The art of making something out of nothing, fucking wow!

First of all, it is crystal clear that you are trying to prove something to someone here, and it's way beyond rulebreaking.
I'm not not one that gets impressed by verbal vomit but perhaps, someone else will.

I play with two monitors, I always have YouTube and Facebook along with dozens of tabs open, so it's happening all the time that my stuff crashes or minimizes due to a notification from other programs that notifies me when I'm running low on RAM/CPU.

So, to go back to those accusations... There was about 10 players playing on the server, it's 3AM, some guy rammed my car fast and made it explode so I started recording because I thought he'd follow me around.
Nothing came out of it, the guy went somewhere else and now I'm only a vice-president - on the bridge near terro spawn.

Coincidentally, the president arrives seconds later and decides to come camp in the tunnel, right next to me. I run towards them because hydras are shooting, it's North San Andreas.

Now, I still had the recording software open - I was recording several small clips to make an advertisement video for PTP Plan B. Driving in groups, hideout spots, etc etc. I'm not home but when I get back I'll even take the time to take a pic to show you that I was recording all of us dancing!!!1

I saw on the map that terrorists were coming at the entrance of the tunnel so I started nading while I was recording and hydras were shooting. I was trying to move and was in the middle of the /dance animation so now my character was in slow motion since the FPS was so low. I tried to stop recording and hit F12 or F11 and all of a sudden this caused some kind of fuckery because my screen turned blank. I couldn't do anything, the focused window was still GTA SA but blank. No cursor,  no menu when I pressed ESC key, nothing. Both monitors were frozen, my fucking native american flute music stopped playing.

NOW THE PART THAT FITS YOUR NARRATIVE; Nothing was happening so I pressed Windows + D then CTRL ALT DEL after letting the computer do its thing and I ended/killed/stabbed/shot/violated the process. I don't fucking remember how I did it and I didn't take notes because I didn't assume I'd be questioned over the procedure I followed. I did not know the president died, I did not know I was president, it just froze and I tried to unfuckulate it but to no avail. I relaunched SAMP when it was all said n done and you asked me what happened in the chat, I answered, and thought it ended there.

So yea, you can claim I spawned nades, death evaded, forced a map to change and killed the prophet all at the same time since it fits your bullshit.

Stop thinking and trying so hard, there is no more to the story than this. You want reasons to report players and it is very clear... but it's not by shitting on other regulars that you're gonna climb your cyber-ladder.

If someone really believes his silly story of me trying to make the map change, with only 10 players and 2 tryhard VIPs in the same streamed area,  then go ahead with any consequences you deem appropriate.
Thanks Obama.

Offline Carg

• VIP
  • Score: 17525
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 09:56:50 am »
Please only reply to reports if you're involved or if you can add more proof. Other replies will be deleted.
Stop posting useless comments here and don't reply if you aren't involved, thanks.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2016, 11:05:31 am »
Nice apologia, Colorado, yet your story doesn't correlate with the fact that the reason of your disconnection was 'left'. If something wrong occurs with your game and you force close it, it is timeout - either you kill the process, or end the task, or reboot your PC a-la Niks, whatever. 'Left' can happen only if you quit using /q, menu option or task manager 'end task' option while your game is running normally.

Well, both sides are heard, and now I am waiting for admins' decision (though maybe someone will post anything else related to this, proving mine or Colorado's reasons, or explaining something). As for me, everything is clear.

Funny to see your hysterical tone and your attempts to make martyr of you, like you are the innocent sheep trying to defend against evil wolf Altus. But there are no sheep and no wolves. I've reported you for rulebreaking (breaking written rules, unlike, say Lacerta who tended to punish for the rules that were only in his head) and lying, carefully proving my reasons. And the main argument of the opposing side is: "C'mon, Altus, yeah, there is a rule, but this isn't worth reporting, because it was at 3AM with 10 players online... etc, etc". So, rules become inoperative at 3 am with 10 people online? I didn't know about that. I don't think you would get away with that if there were any admins online. With some of them, you'd be banned already.

You are wrong thinking I am trying to impress anyone. Instead, you can clearly see that I am turning the whole server against me due to my actions. Well, it is just like it used to be earlier, and it doesn't matter as I am doing what I consider right. And yeah, people rarely break rules nowadays when they know that I am around. I guess it's kinda achievement. Like Caligula said, "Let them hate us as long as they fear us".

In the end, I clearly stated that I don't demand any punishment in this case. I reported that mainly to have a record of your rulebreaking, which will remain here for good, so if someone spots you forcing map change again, he could refer to this post. Considering this fact, your words about the "appopriate consequences" look even less related.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2016, 01:19:34 pm »
He'll be warned. Thanks for reporting.