Author Topic: [Added]Minor suggestions  (Read 5919 times)

M a k a v e l i .

[Added]Minor suggestions
« on: October 12, 2016, 02:29:07 am »
  • Add '/r' ( /reply ) command. Would make things much easier and a lot of us are used to it.
  • What about infinitely nitros, so we don't have to retype '/nos' command while driving. Pretty useful thing.
  • Snipers should spawn with more bullets, like 1000 or so. Once I spam the command I get muted..
  • Add more boats in water areas of each map. Sometimes I'm stuck there with low HP and all I can do is to /kill myself or to swim for like 5 minutes.
  • Put some fence again around health pickups so those who like to mess around don't place their cars over them. Pretty annoying sometimes if you want just to refill and back off with no fighting intentions.

Those are some suggestions that were always on my mind since I missed them each time I went from some other server to PTP. I like minor suggestions cos those are not a big deal but on the other hand, would help improving our gameplay in a good way yo!

Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 05:25:48 pm by Jonne »

Offline Miau

• VIP
  • Score: 46079
Re: Minor suggestions
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:46:21 am »
There is command to reply the last PM you received, it's /p [message]. /r is for reporting
I'll edit this to comment the rest of suggestions tomorrow  :)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 02:49:25 am by Mia »
Oh! I don't want to fight you, Jorah the Andal. What do I have to gain? If I win, I'm the shit who killed an old man. If I lose, I'm the shit who was killed by an old man.

~ Daario Naharis

M a k a v e l i .

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 03:04:03 am »
There is command to reply the last PM you received, it's /p [message]. /r is for reporting
I'll edit this to comment the rest of suggestions tomorrow  :)
Great, didn't know we got that already. I'll have to get used to it then.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2016, 04:57:00 am »
  • What about infinitely nitros, so we don't have to retype '/nos' command while driving. Pretty useful thing.
If this is done, I think it should be an option or a different command (/inos?). I sometimes deliberately let my nos expire so I can have more control when my tires are popped and I'm DBing, and in other situations.

• Add more boats in water areas of each map. Sometimes I'm stuck there with low HP and all I can do is to /kill myself or to swim for like 5 minutes.
Boats would be cool, but I also think that Leviathans, Skimmers, and Vortexes would be nice to have scattered around in other spots (since the Vortexes seem to have passed their Red County probation).

• Put some fence again around health pickups so those who like to mess around don't place their cars over them. Pretty annoying sometimes if you want just to refill and back off with no fighting intentions.
I really hated those damn fences. The were completely fucking pointless in the old server and would be even more pointless in the new one. If somebody is putting their car on the pickup, then use the other fill spots (or move it?). I like being able to drive over the pickups with someone on my vehicle so they don't have to jump off. I also like not having to navigate around objects that don't belong there.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2016, 12:02:27 pm »
Honestly, I don't like this one. Nitro is op, and if drivers won't be distracting typing /nos or /vipme, it would be op even more. -1.
Yes, why not? +1.
Those fences were very annoying themselves.  ;D I never liked them. I don't think this reminder of Lacerta is needed. -1.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2016, 04:10:36 am »
Honestly, I don't like this one. Nitro is op, and if drivers won't be distracting typing /nos or /vipme, it would be op even more. -1.

How the hell did a nitro become op? Lol

Offline COBRA

• PTP Member since 2006
  • VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • PPLV Clan Founder
    • PPLV WebPage
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2016, 08:17:00 am »
What about infinitely nitros, so we don't have to retype '/nos' command while driving. Pretty useful thing.
I think infinite nitro makes you more faster all the time, but having some break on nitro also give a change to guy who chases the one with nos. So it's fair as now I think. -1

Snipers should spawn with more bullets, like 1000 or so. Once I spam the command I get muted..
It's cool idea, if there is no problem with AC system, will be helpful for VIPs. +1

Add more boats in water areas of each map. Sometimes I'm stuck there with low HP and all I can do is to /kill myself or to swim for like 5 minutes.
Yeah same here! We need more boats on WV, FC, RC maps especially. +1

Put some fence again around health pickups so those who like to mess around don't place their cars over them. Pretty annoying sometimes if you want just to refill and back off with no fighting intentions.
Those fences was made for avoid people to camp at armor spawns with their cars. So we don't have that problem anymore since we have multiple armor spawns. -1

●  PPLV Website - PPLV Clan Topic  ●

Nostalgia..

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2016, 10:04:49 am »
How the hell did a nitro become op? Lol
It is, like the most of VIP features. Though VIP players 'earned' them, they should be somehow compensated for non-VIPs. Chainsaw has spraycan counterpart, sniper rifles should have country rifle counterpart (just my opinion). As for nitro... Well, at least VIPs shouldn't be able to use it with no limits. If you want unlimited nitro, ask your VIP passenger to use respective command regularily. ;D

• Snipers should spawn with more bullets, like 1000 or so. Once I spam the command I get muted..
Oh, forgot about this one. Of course, I agree. +1.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2016, 10:02:43 am »
Sorry for double posting, I don't want to make a separate topic for this.

Newbies often ask in the chat about five things: hydras, teamchat, reclassing, VIP status, armour.
First, I suggest adding respective sections to FAQ;
Second, I suggest parsing messages of lvl < 2 players to check if their messages are likely questions about those things. Like, if there are words "how" or "where" and "hydra", Nani should automatically reply like "Use /faq hydra for the information about hydras!" and so on. Since there is strfind function, that's gonna be extremely easy to implement, and it could be very useful in terms of helping newbies to get started. Our regulars do this work themselves sometimes nowadays, which is very nice, but they aren't always around, nor they are always willing to help.

Offline Santa Claus is coming to town

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
  • Professional tea drinker & shit stirrer
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 09:44:38 pm »
1) What about infinitely nitros, so we don't have to retype '/nos' command while driving. Pretty useful thing.

I disagree, nitro is good to get away fast but it's complete shit if you try to steer, even worse with popped tires. I love the short nitro span, just enough to get full speed on the car and then it expires or so.

2) Snipers should spawn with more bullets, like 1000 or so. Once I spam the command I get muted..
Jonne also recently added 'Y' letter as a new nitro shortcut, it isn't hard to add some more now :D

True, I always run out of bullets and I have to spam the cmds when I spawn and eventually get muted.
/vset and /sniper gives you 200+ ammo though so that's a "fix" for me now!

Thanks Obama.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2016, 03:20:22 pm »
Newbies often ask in the chat about five things: hydras, teamchat, reclassing, VIP status, armour.
First, I suggest adding respective sections to FAQ;
Second, I suggest parsing messages of lvl < 2 players to check if their messages are likely questions about those things. Like, if there are words "how" or "where" and "hydra", Nani should automatically reply like "Use /faq hydra for the information about hydras!" and so on. Since there is strfind function, that's gonna be extremely easy to implement, and it could be very useful in terms of helping newbies to get started. Our regulars do this work themselves sometimes nowadays, which is very nice, but they aren't always around, nor they are always willing to help.

Those are good ideas, they'll be added in the future.

As Colorado said, I don't think there's a need for that since we have Y now.

I'll add this in the future. Maybe not 1000 immediately, but let's first try 250 or 500.

Sure, we can easily add vehicles now, so you can always tell me where you think a boat could be useful and I'll add it.

As Cobra said, those were to prevent armour camping. I don't think we need them anymore.