Author Topic: Proposed map changes  (Read 4356 times)

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
Proposed map changes
« on: April 03, 2016, 07:43:24 pm »
Yesterday, me and Fimpen went through all of the maps, looking where there were problems with some of the maps and trying to find solutions. These are our suggestions:

Map
Here's a map that I'll be referring to: http://jonne.be/newmap.jpg

General
We'll add a couple of armour spawns in each map, scattered around the map like the health spawns are now. This means that the "No camping at armour" rule will no longer be necessary.

Los Santos & Las Venturas
Nothing changes, except a couple more armour spawns.

San Fierro
We thought terro spawn was a bit too close to pres spawn in this map, so a suggested new position is the red marker on the map (behind that building). It will take a bit longer for terros to reach the president, and we'll place some boats close to their spawn, if pres decides to camp on a ship. This might make the map a bit more interesting. We'll extend the boundaries a bit, so all ships become fully usable to camp at.

Red County
The spawns are good here, just the terro spawn needs to be a bit more accessible. I'll try to add a better ramp there. The armour spawn will be moved to the black marker (in the middle for all classes, but far enough from pres spawn) and the airport will be moved to the orange marker (maybe with some objects to make it a 'full' airport). Some more helis will be added here as well.

Flint County
Moving terro spawn to the road level at the red marker (a bit further away from armour, but then we don't have to drive up that hill anymore). Armour spawn would be moved up to the farm above the current one (black marker), not really a huge change in position, but just a difference in drive time. Will give the president a bit more options since everything around that bridge won't be that crowded anymore. We would keep the current airport, but remove the trees around it so it's easier to take off.

West Venturas
I think this map is good as it is now, maybe some more boats, so terros don't have to go to cop spawn to get a boat.

NSA
For this map we thought of moving the pres spawn a bit more to the center, so cops aren't that far out of the map anymore. We were thinking of the house at the yellow marker as the new spawn for president. We'd also move the cop spawn a bit closer to the blue marker, so they wouldn't be that far out anymore.

So, we'd like to know what you think. What do you think are good ideas, bad ideas, or even more suggestions.

Offline SoLoD

• Score: Unknown
    • Youtube stunting channel
Re: Proposed map changes
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 04:32:05 pm »
The funny thing is that you placed SF terro spawn just where it was in the PTPM server back in the 2006 year. (it was 10 meters to the left from that building) 8)
You know the nice thing about the Bronx Zoo, Charlie? There's bars between you and the monkeys.

Offline Storm

• VIP
  • Score: 1263
  • Respect if you want to be respected
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 02:07:33 am »
On RC, can you add at least 2 roads/bridges on the 2 sides leading to the UFO area? So that if the President is a VIP he can't just easily snipe everyone who's coming for him.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2016, 10:04:07 am »
On RC, can you add at least 2 roads/bridges on the 2 sides leading to the UFO area? So that if the President is a VIP he can't just easily snipe everyone who's coming for him.
What about getting a Rustler? Jumping off the nearby bridge with a bike? It's already hard enough to survive in that map as President- that's about the only place to camp, and even so, I don't see people surviving there much.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
  • Score: 23951
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:35:22 pm »
I like all of Jonne's suggestions, +1, but I feel like I would like to change something more about spawn positions. Maybe I'll post later, because I haven't yet scouted and got used to new armor spawns. Btw, it would be really nice to have information maps with spawning positions of all classes, grenades, health pickups and health & armor pickups. Would be much easier for new players.

Yes, there should be more approaches to UFO, but I think a ramp on the left bridge, where everyone hits the boundaries to fall on the shore, would be enough (map). Yeah, it's not too hard, but in fact it is game mechanics abuse, and this possibility cannot be obvious for new players. Besides, it's impossible to evacuate from the shore when, for example, the president is dead; you need to leave your vehicles and swim to other side with huge chances of being sniped. So this ramp will allow simply to drive away.
If you don't like the ramp idea, consider adding some boar spawns near UFO at least.
A paltry man and poor of mind
At all things ever mocks;
For never he knows, what he ought to know,
That he is not free from faults.

Offline Jonne

• Head Admin
  • Score: 3751
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2016, 05:01:00 pm »
I like all of Jonne's suggestions, +1, but I feel like I would like to change something more about spawn positions. Maybe I'll post later, because I haven't yet scouted and got used to new armor spawns. Btw, it would be really nice to have information maps with spawning positions of all classes, grenades, health pickups and health & armor pickups. Would be much easier for new players.

Log in to http://jonne.be/cp/ with your ingame name and password and click on the google maps marker in the top right corner.

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2016, 06:44:19 pm »
Log in to http://jonne.be/cp/ with your ingame name and password and click on the google maps marker in the top right corner.
Thanks! The maps are nice, still IMHO it would be better if they are available for non-registered users too.

Offline YoMama

• VIP
  • Score: 24630
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2016, 10:54:20 am »
Yes, there should be more approaches to UFO, but I think a ramp on the left bridge, where everyone hits the boundaries to fall on the shore, would be enough (map). Yeah, it's not too hard, but in fact it is game mechanics abuse, and this possibility cannot be obvious for new players. Besides, it's impossible to evacuate from the shore when, for example, the president is dead; you need to leave your vehicles and swim to other side with huge chances of being sniped. So this ramp will allow simply to drive away.
If you don't like the ramp idea, consider adding some boar spawns near UFO at least.
As I've said, I really don't like the ramp idea... it makes getting there too easy. There are boat spawns near the UFO- if they're too close, the President won't have a chance.

Offline style!

• VIP
  • Score: Unknown
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2016, 02:41:02 pm »
Can "main" amour spawns be deleted? I mean, no more armour and health in same place. Since people mainly goes to them (because they got both or because they go automatically), there are some players camping/hunting on them.

style_n_elegance

Offline Altus_Demens

• Admin
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2016, 01:35:19 pm »
...amour spawns...
Amour spawns, what a wonderful typo!  :) I really wish we have some on our server.

Speaking on the case, I am inclined to agree. The players will be distributed more uniformly between the armor spawns then, especially in the beginning of the map, which would be helpful to make the whole game a bit more even. +1.